ARE THERE SOME ALTERNATIVES TO BIG BANG THEORY?

ARE THERE SOME ALTERNATIVES TO BIG BANG THEORY?

The Big Bang Theory is based on three assumptions about the universe. 

 1)The laws of physics are universal and don't change with time and location in space.  

2)The universe is homogeneous, or roughly the same in every direction (though not necessarily for all of time). 

3) Humans do not observe the universe from a privileged location such as at its very center. If you apply Einstein's equations to those assumptions, you get the Big Bang. 

But what if one of those assumptions is wrong? A few other possibilities arise.

  • Steady state universe: The Big Bang theory says there is a finite amount of matter and energy that has always existed, whether it was packed in at the beginning of time or spread out as it is now. The steady state theory was an early rival with the Big Bang theory, and posited that matter and energy was constantly being created. We've found lots of evidence against this theory, though.
  • Oscillating Model:This one's kind of close to the Big Bang theory, but with one small tweak. Instead of there being a definite beginning and end to the universe, there's a constant cycle of Big Bangs and Big Crunches, going back and forth like a universe-sized accordion.
  • Eternal Inflation:In the Big Bang model, the universe "popped" into existence only once. In the eternal inflation model, that "pop" never stopped (we like to think of it as the Pringles universe). In this version, we would be living in a multiverse, not a universe, because this eternal popping would create an infinite number of universes, each with its own set of physical laws.





Comments

  1. Yea, its a very intresting topic talking about the Big Bang Theory Mr. Bajracharya. Your altenatives really makes some unique sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is interesting. I don't believe in the big bang theory at all and it is interesting to read your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've read this three times and I don't really understand what I'm reading. I guess each to their own but I don't really understand it and I'm struggling a lot with this. I think I'm just going to stick with the big bang theory and go to sleep now

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband would find this interesting. I can't seem to get my head round it. I will show him this page. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment